THE PIAZZA AT SCHMIDT’S is thrilled to announce the OFFICIAL GRAND OPENING WEEKEND of the MARKET AT THE PIAZZA on JULY 10 & 11, 12PM TO 7PM on both SATURDAY & SUNDAY.
- WHERE: The Piazza at Schmidt’s, 2nd & Germantown, Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
- WHEN: July 10 & 11 and every Saturday and Sunday thereafter from 12PM to 7PM
ABOUT THE MARKET AT THE PIAZZA:
THE MARKET AT THE PIAZZA will continue YEAR-ROUND EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. Their Grand Opening weekend will feature OVER 200 UNIQUE VENDORS selling everything from LOCALLY GROWN and ORGANIC FOOD and food products, to ARTS and CRAFTS, CLOTHING, ANTIQUES, VINTAGE GOODS and COLLECTIBLES.
THE MARKET AT THE PIAZZA is easily accessed by PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION and HIGHWAYS including I-95 and I-676. The Piazza also has ABUNDANT PARKING at 2nd & Germantown Avenue having recently doubled the size of its parking lot.
THE MARKET AT THE PIAZZA also currently hosts the LARGEST OUTDOOR FARMER’S MARKET in the city from 10AM TO 3PM on both SATURDAY and SUNDAY. All of their farmers are one or more of the following: local, sustainably grown, ethically raised, free range, hormone free, pesticide free, organic, raw and/or grass fed. Products include vegetables and fruits, grass-fed beef, raw milk, cheeses and heritage breed free range chicken eggs.
SAMPLE OF PARTICIPATING VENDORS:
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- PHILLY PHAITHFUL – originally designed Philadelphia sports apparel
- RACK N ROLL CLOTHING – The trendiest clothes delivered right to your home or office for a private shopping party including designer jeans, jackets, trousers, tops, sweaters, camisoles, you name it. If it is the latest seasonal fashion, we’ll bring it to you! Now available at the Market at the Piazza.
- ELIZABETH BAYU – Elizabeth Bayu Handbags was established in 2002 and has developed into a premier handbag line — being featured in Philadelphia Style, Philadelphia Magazine, The Daily News, NBC-10, Oxygen Network, Fashion Fest and numerous fashion events.
- DUKE &WINSTON – Duke & Winston is a Philadelphia based men’s casual clothing company launched in 2009 by Seun Olubodun and his English bulldog, HRH The Duke. The aim of the brand is to refine the innovative and fashion forward trends that come out of street wear to produce casual apparel for a more discerning gentleman….with some limited pieces for his lady. The line currently consists of high quality t-shirts and light sweats.
- HEART CITY VINTAGE – Heart City Vintage boasts a chic assortment of handpicked vintage pieces from the 20th century. All items are reused/recycled/dead stock, everything is environmentally friendly and comes with a history.
- SHOWROOM77 – Showroom77 is a wholesale/retail clothing and accessory showroom promoting designers locally and abroad.
- LADY SAINT COUTURE – Lady Saint Couture is a millinery company that makes and sells hats, hair accessories, and other fashions. Much of what is made are vintage reproductions or vintage inspired pieces. Lady Saint Couture also makes modern pieces for those with other tastes. We do everything from vintage to modern for customers from 8 to 80 years old. In other words we have something for everyone.
- BEIJO BAGS – Beautiful designer bags made of faux Patton Faux Leather Designer bags with out the designer costs
- MIO – Description of your business or what you are selling: Beautiful, sustainable and affordable furnishings and fashion accessories
- FLYGIRRL– flygirrl is a hub for artwork, graphic design and event production all created by flygirrl herself – Stacey Wilson. flygirrl will be vending – artwork, prints, hand-painted items, small affordable items, custom orders
- DAWN BOYER JEWELRY – eclectic, handcrafted jewelry
FOR THE HOME
- CHAIRLOOM – “We all know to reduce, reuse and recycle. But what about to reinvent? Molly Worth, founder of furniture reupholstering company Chairloom, signs off on every email with a cheerful “reuse and reinvent!” Fueled by her love of design and the challenge of giving old and tired things a “second chance,” Worth founded Chairloom in 2007. Her concept is this: Take an antique or vintage piece of furniture, do a little dusting off, and then recover the piece charming, graphic textiles to give it new life….” – quote courtesy of The Inside Source
- WITH THE FLICK OF A SWITCH – Custom & Decorative Light Switch Covers: For People Of Discerning Taste
- DICK CAMERON– kinetic sculpture that produces awesome optical illusions
- DISH N’ CHIPS – Unique Gifts made from Vintage China
- HYDROS BOTTLE – A start-up out of Penn, Hydros Bottle hopes to improve sustainability by reducing the waste created by the bottled water industry through its innovative new filtering water bottle. Our water bottles allow you to get the fresh clean taste of bottled water anywhere without spending money or having to throw out another bottle.
ART & CRAFT
- NORDIC REFLECTIONS – Nordic Reflections sells the artworks of Finnish artist Juha Hollo. His current work is mostly enhanced digital photographs and digital collages. He print each of his pieces himself, using archival quality ink and paper.
- LIONWORD – Official Phillies Posters! Daniel Duffy’s original word illustrations are meticulously and painstakingly completed by a patient hand. All posters have been approved by Major League Baseball and are currently displayed in the Baseball Hall of Fame. When Phillies slugger Ryan Howard saw the posters he said “Dude…. that’s sick!”
- DAWN WALSH PHOTOGRAPHY – Photography and Art Prints
- GAIL ROBERTSON – Abstract art and Henna Tattoo
BATH & BODY
- NATURAL CREATIONS – Unique and original hand sculpted tabletop fountains with live or silk plants, indoor/outdoor cave candles(TM) that are wall mountable or for tabletop, and various sized garden sculptures.
- LAVIEVE BOUTIQUE QUALITY SKINCARE – Handcrafted Natural Skincare products made with 99%+ natural ingredients with Lavender from Provence as our signature ingredient.
CRANE + WILTON – “Bringing Beauty back to Nature” – We are a local Philadelphia company that sells natural and organic skincare products.
- KATWALK MAKE UP – Description of your business or what you are selling: Full service make up bar, selling make up products (Exclusive line called LUXX) and Mark make up.
- YAMERRA – Yamerra is a 100% Organic Skincare line designed for the earth conscious, fashionable trendsetters, young children (ages 4-16), men and women of all skin types. Yamerra is built on Organic Shea butter, infused with herbs and pure essential oils and botanical extracts to enhance the Shea butters healing, rejuvenating and restorative powers. Yamerra products contain no chemicals and no parabens. It is designed to love your skin, your hair… love you; while honoring the earth.
ANTIQUES, VINTAGE & NEW TO YOU GOODS
- TREE HOUSE BOOKS – Tree House Books is a non-profit organization with a mission of growing and sustaining a community of readers, writers, and thinkers in North Central Philadelphia. Our book sale at the Market at the Piazza will feature gently used books of all kinds for under $10! All proceeds will go towards funding our free community programs.
- THE OLD LIBRARIAN – Vinyl 45’s and LP’s, other music-related items, DVDs & books.
- BLACKTIQUES – Authentic Memorabilia Posters
- CUPCAKES GOURMET – Description of your business or what you are selling- Award-Winning gourmet cupcakes in the Philadelphia Area. Our Cupcakes are baked from scratch using the finest gourmet natural ingredients from around the world, such as Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Belgian Dark Chocolate, Sweet Cream Butter, Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Milk.
- BLIND DOG RESCUE ALLIANCE – Business Description: We sell dog toys and treats to raise money for the dogs in our foster care. We rescue blind and visually impaired dogs and find forever homes for them.